There are many things you can do to maximize the registration of your works. Here a few ideas:
- Save the registration certificate locally together with an exact digital copy of the uploaded registered file. You can do this if you have a premium account or higher. Read how to request a certificate with your premium account.
- Save all files provided by the registration proof locally in a folder identified by the work title and registration code; this way you will not have to rely on Safe Creative to enforce the evidence in the future. Learn here how to get your legal evidence.
- Have a file with the registered content with our copyright registration metadata in it if possible. For instance puting the work registration information link, or author profile in Safe Creative link in the copyright or authorship field of the work’s metadata http://www.photometadata.org/meta-tutorials-adobe-photoshop
- Put the link to the registration page or one of the informative labels next to the work when published in the Internet. Here an example: https://www.safecreative.org/blog/en/2011/03/23/safe-creative-in-5-minutes/ and another one: https://www.safecreative.org/blog/en/2010/06/08/what-to-do-in-case-of-plagiarism-or-other-unlawful-use-of-our-content/
- In case of pictures you might add the the text with the link or the image of the informative label in one of the corners of the image. Here something that might help you do this: https://www.safecreative.org/blog/en/2009/02/19/psd-file-to-put-your-registry-number-on-your-images/ and an example http://www.flickr.com/photos/oneras/3102335769/
- Add the image of the informative label when printing a work in an analog support like a CD cover a paper book or a canvas. Example: https://www.safecreative.org/blog/en/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/label_ex.jpg
Do you have any other suggestions? Feel free to comment.